[SLUG] hard drive enclosures and firewire?

From: William Coulter (wrcoulter30@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Oct 03 2006 - 08:36:37 EDT

I am looking into buying a hard drive enclosure that is firewire. Has anyone used or know anyone
has used this enclosure before? What about this firewire card as well?

I have SUSE 10.1 and 9.3 running. Am I going to run into problems? I may have asked this
question before but this is some new stuff and I need to buy this stuff today, if I can.

AMC HD6-U2FW Aluminum 3.5" USB2.0 + IEEE1394A External Enclosure - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817601004

SABRENT Firewire PCI Host Controller Card with 6pin to 4pin Cable Model SBT-VT6306 - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16815123012

William