Re: [SLUG] What do you all think?

From: Levi Bard (taktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktak@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Oct 16 2006 - 10:23:30 EDT

> I think a more interesting view is that Stallman and all his antics, does seem
> to believe in some utopian society. He is waay out there, and though we
> should be grateful that his ideas coincided with Linus, does not mean we are
> forever doing what he says.

Sure, every idealist believes in some kind of utopia. What RMS has
shown is that it's possible for one to be an idealist, yet succeed in
the real world without compromising one's ideals. I find this
refreshing in the face of all the, "Let's face it: in the real world
blah blah blah..." crap I see spouted all over the place wrt Free
Software.

--
Tcsh: Now with higher FPS!
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/shouldbefree.html