Re: [SLUG] Splitting Cat 6 cable

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Thu Oct 19 2006 - 12:32:03 EDT

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006, Robert Snyder wrote:

> I would just like to say there is a simplier way of doing this. If the
> Condo Assoc is going to be aholes, like most of them are and they are saying
> only 1 cable can be seen well give them only one cable. Instead of soing
> spliting or any wierd nonstandard hack. Simple take 2 cat 6 cable take some
> zipties to hold them together and then put Heat Shrink casing over them.
> Now you only one one visable cable. and they dont have to be any the wiser
> that there is really two cables there.

I don't know what 100 feet of shrink-wrap tube costs, but I suspect it's
"more than a couple of routers/486s-with-NICs". And depending on whether
they can see the ends, that might be a giveaway.

--
-eben    QebWenE01R@vTerYizUonI.nOetP    royalty.no-ip.org:81
        http://www.fscked.co.uk/writing/top-posting-cuss.html