RE: [SLUG] HP Color Laserjet 4550N

From: Ken Elliott (kelliott11@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Mon Oct 23 2006 - 06:37:25 EDT

>> I need something like that for my Photoshop Work...

I find the color quality of Lasers to be poor for Photoshop work. Ink jets
are much better. I'd look for a used Canon i9900. The Epson's have a bad
habit of clogging the nozzles, and use a huge amount of ink to clean them.
Actually, nearly any 4-color ink jet will whip the laser. But a 7+ color
ink jet is the way to go. If you do any b+w work, you'll want a printer
with shades of gray ink, or a dedicated printer with third-party gray inks.
Printers with just one black cart stink at B+W prints.

Ken Elliott