Re: [SLUG] Need advice here -OT

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Sat Oct 28 2006 - 00:58:25 EDT

On Sat, 28 Oct 2006, Bob Stia wrote:

> On Saturday 28 October 2006 00:21, Eben King wrote:
>
>> I have not used such a thing either, but make sure

>> ... IP-over-cell-phone is available in the hospital's area.
>
> Don't know what you mean about the IP-over-cell-phone thing. but this is
> Central Manhattan in NYC. Anything should be available there. Told he
> sister to bring in her own Notebook and see if she could pick up a wi-fi
> from somewhere.

On a cell phone connection, you can have several types of data.
Conversation and TCP/IP are two of them. Given the location, TCP/IP is a
safe bet, but I'd ask before spending a lot of money or entering into a
contract.

>> ... you can get drivers for MacOS for the chosen device.
>
> OK, maybe someone else can lead me to the chosen device. I'm thinking it
> will be some kind of pcmcia card.

Probably, if this is a laptop.

> PS - as an aside, is anyone else having trouble getting Internet access.
> Some kond of widespread DNS issue?

I haven't had trouble. Which ISP are you with? I'm with Verizon.

--
-eben      QebWenE01R@vTerYizUonI.nOetP      http://royalty.no-ip.org:81
GEMINI:  Your birthday party will be ruined once again by your explosive