Re: [SLUG] Microsoft rides the NERD SLED!

From: steve szmidt (steve@szmidt.org)
Date: Fri Nov 03 2006 - 19:55:23 EST

On Friday 03 November 2006 19:19, Paul M Foster wrote:

> Hassling these Linux company reps is like hassling the operator when
> your phone doesn't work. *She* can't fix it, so why give her grief?
> These Linux company reps have a responsibility to represent their
> companies, and to forward the company line. Can't really blame them for
> that, even if you disagree with them.
>
> If we *ever* get another Linux company rep on the list, it would be nice
> if we cut the guy a little more slack.

Hmm, I agree on cutting slack, but how did we blame him? Since getting on the
list John just HAD to bite on every piece related to Novell. Like an
overzealous new employee who does not know up from down, but refusing to even
imagine that their company could do any wrong. Or to admit any would be fatal
to him.

Novell did something which is causing huge question marks. John responds as if
there was a personal vendetta, which I never saw here.

I just re scanned the thread and all I see is a discussion based on industry
feedback mixed in with personal views. Oh, and three brief comments about the
lawyer thing. Which John started, though he later hinted to it not being what
we felt it ment.

Or is it the fact that we disagreed that got him so upset? Or communicated
with multiple emails? I certainly have my fair share of the thread.

Maybe it's my home grown politically incorrect attitude, or maybe I did not
read enough, but I don't see it. (I would not mind knowing because it sure is
not MY intention to drive him away, and I doubt anyone elses.)

--

Steve Szmidt

"To enjoy the right of political self-government, men must be capable of personal self-government - the virtue of self-control. A people without decency cannot be secure in its liberty. From the Declaration Principles ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.