Re: [SLUG] Microsoft rides the NERD SLED!

From: Levi Bard (taktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktak@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Nov 05 2006 - 15:05:41 EST

> John has now uns*bscr*bed from this list, which is a real shame.

Is it? He *has* made a rare few useful contributions, but 99% of the
time, when somebody asks a question on-list, the exchange goes like
this:

ListUser: Hi everyone, I'm looking for a way to list files under a
certain directory that are above a certain size, sorted by filesize.

JP: Novell Enterprise-Ready Desktop/Suse Linux Enterprise Desktop
19.4 comes with a file search application preinstalled, and it will
also interface with Banshee, our new media player that lets you
simultaneously upload content to your iPod and your MySpace.

ListUser: Thanks, that's very interesting, but it's really not what
I'm looking for. For one thing, I'm using Fedora Core 5, and I was
really just looking for a little command-line script or something.

JP: You could also try Beagle, which is also preinstalled with Novell
Enterprise-Ready Desktop/Suse Linux Enterprise Desktop version 19.4,
and will index all of your files for integration with all of your
GNOME application, like Banshee.

ListUser: Uhh...

> If we *ever* get another Linux company rep on the list, it would be nice
> if we cut the guy a little more slack.

Perhaps the reason that previous reps haven't been cut much slack is
that they're generally more interested in shilling their wares than in
being productive members of the discussions held herein.

--
Tcsh: Now with higher FPS!
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/shouldbefree.html