Re: [SLUG] Microsoft rides the NERD SLED!

From: steve szmidt (steve@szmidt.org)
Date: Sun Nov 05 2006 - 17:12:18 EST

On Sunday 05 November 2006 16:46, Logan Tygart wrote:

> I applaud anyone who drills a company representative. If the
> representative can't take it, they're the charcoal I mentioned above.
> Keep in mind, the next guy may be tougher. Without trying to sound like
> RMS, remember this is about freedom and not the feelings of a company
> representative.
>
> Logan

True.

Guess I figured out why he felt attacked. I was looking at how I'd feel if
offering help, and get criticised. But it's how the criticism is done that
makes a difference.

Novell did something that's anything but common, and he decided to stand in
the middle. Paid or not.

Tough position.

In all I still don't feel we were that hard on him. He, and Novell, made
statements which people did not agree with. Found it awfully hard to buy
into. Besides from the lawyer thing he seemed too sensitive.

I've screwed up in public and it's not fun, but I don't hold it against the
people who did not buy into it, or came out with the correct info.

--

Steve Szmidt

"To enjoy the right of political self-government, men must be capable of personal self-government - the virtue of self-control. A people without decency cannot be secure in its liberty. From the Declaration Principles ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.