Re: [SLUG] Microsoft rides the NERD SLED!

From: Levi Bard (taktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktak@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Nov 05 2006 - 18:39:35 EST

> >> If Novell had made this agreement with the best of intentions and with
> the
> >> interests of their customers in mind, they would be fully disclosing
> >> every part of the agreement, and would have made it part of the terms
> >> of the agreement that they be allowed to do so.
>
> To use your words, "This is a stupid argument."
>
> Since it _is_ secret, you have no information about the deal, and nothing to
> base this upon.

I'm not basing that statement on information enclosed in the
agreement. I'm basing it on what companies do when they make an
agreement that's beneficial to their customers: they brag about it.
They go over all the points of the agreement in the fullest detail,
because this gets them the largest amount of good publicity. The only
time a benefit is derived from keeping the details secret is when the
details are worse than most of the customers will imagine on their
own.

--
Tcsh: Now with higher FPS!
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/shouldbefree.html