Re: [SLUG] multiple keyboards?

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Mon Nov 20 2006 - 21:03:02 EST

On Mon, 20 Nov 2006, Chuck Hast wrote:

> On 11/20/06, michael hast <evylrobot19@cox.net> wrote:
>> Hey all!
>>
>> I've got an interesting one for you. For quite some time now, I
>> have been thinking of trying out Dvorak. I have an old keyboard that I
>> swapped keytops around on to put it in the configuration that I found
>> online. I know that through KDE, it's a pretty simple procedure to
>> remap the keyboard, but I'm still a little squeamish about taking the
>> plunge and making the commitment. Currently, I'm using a USB qwerty.
>> The remapped keyboard is a PS2. Is there a simple way to have both
>> running on the same machine with the USB configured to qwerty and the
>> PS2 configured to Dvorak? I'm sure it would be simple enough to get in
>> there and figure out, but I'm afraid of crashing my xserver or
>> something. Thanks in advance!
>>
> I have been thinking about moving to the Dvorak kbd too, it would appear
> that it reduces the strain that causes repetitive injury type strain
> (carpal-tunnel)
> if so it is a cheap fix to move the keys around and load up the keyboard
> config.
>
> I have read that on the QWERTY keyboard your left hand does more of the
> typing than the right hand,

This is true. Try typing with your left hand alone, and see how often it
has to dart across the keyboard. Then try it with your right.

--
-eben   QebWenE01R@vTerYizUonI.nOetP   royalty.no-ip.org:81

Q: What kind of modem did Jimi Hendrix use? A: A purple Hayes. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.