Re: [SLUG] A question of browsers

From: Ron Youvan (ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Mon Dec 25 2006 - 14:53:49 EST

> I have been looking at some web pages, and I notice that at times ff does
> not display some gif files that are on one page, but does on another.

> If I look at the pages with Opera, I can see all of the gif's, I have
> been on
> a google run to see if I could find anything about this problem, but so far
> I am either looking in the wrong place or I have something weird on this
> FireFox. I am just about ready to move to Opera anyhow, it just works
> regardless, the Fins have done a very good job with it.

> Here are the two web pages as examples, the first one does not show the
> gif's under firefox:
> http://www.k3pgp.org/frontend1.htm

> But the follow up does show the gif's in it:
> http://www.k3pgp.org/frontend2.htm

> I can see that both of them were done using nasty old frontpage, but the
> second one displays just fine.

   The properties of the two sited web sites, show the one that fire fox
doesn't like (if I follow the thread correctly) as "seamonkey" doesn't,
uses illegal (as I understand it, in spite of what M$ thinks) "spaces" in
a URL.
   Doing things that are wrong seem (to me) to be the province of M$ and
programmers that are experienced in the M$ way of life.

--
    Ron  KA4INM