[SLUG] php-mysql support

From: Robert Waldo (rjw6844@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Dec 27 2006 - 22:38:57 EST

I am trying to access a mysql database on my Fedora Core 5 webserver. PHP
5.1.6 comes with the package already compiled. After reading several
websites (including the php.net and mysql.com sites), I found that starting
with PHP 5.x, mysql extensions are not included. According to:
http://us3.php.net/manual/en/faq.databases.php#faq.databases.mysql.php5, all
unix users, at least the ones who know what they're doing, add
--with-mysql=/usr when compiling their php package. When I look at
phpinfo() it shows it was compiled --without-mysql. Therefore I cannot do a
'mysql_connect' in any of my scripts. I tried to update to php 5.2, but the
mysql libs are not stored in /usr as they should be. Does anyone have any
ideas or direct me to an article that may remedy this situation. I am
getting extremely frustrated. I have googled until my fingers bleed.

Bob Waldo
www.bobwaldo.com