Re: [SLUG] Can Firefox run any slower?

From: Levi Bard (taktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktak@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jan 17 2007 - 12:10:35 EST

> I've had similar issues, but when I switched to Opera, they went away.
> Seems like the new Firefox code has some issues, because it is slower
> than I remember 1.5.x being.

I've had the opposite experience; 2.0 is a bit more responsive for me
than 1.5 was, and doesn't consume quite as much memory. I run with
about a dozen extensions.

You could always build minimo if you'd like an ultra-lightweight
firefox. If it'll run on the Nokia 770, with a 252 MHz ARM cpu and
32MB mem, you should be ok. ;-)

--
Just stop and take your secret journey, you will be a new box. --Leeta
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/shouldbefree.html