Re: [SLUG] Can Firefox run any slower?

From: Mario Lombardo (mario@alienscience.com)
Date: Wed Jan 17 2007 - 13:49:33 EST

Well me too. However, as I said before, it does the same thing with
the other profile, always has. Gecko was always my choice only
because of their story and opensource. Truthfully, I would have paid
and used Opera much more, but they weren't as HTML complaint as Gecko
was. I know things with Opera have changed lately, and I've gone to
them recently, but I don't remember why I moved back to FF. I think
it was extensions or some quirky thing. FF has lots of extensions to
choose from, which makes me think of Konqueror now. Konqueror had
some rad, lightweight extensions like speech and Babelfish. Good
stuff!

FF seem to have much of an issue with me when it presents another
window or when dealing with AJAX. I had to shut off the download
manager presentation because it was just bogging down my system when
it popped up for as little as a 30k file. Ha! I even had that thing
auto close after download completion. Perhaps Eben is right with the
X communication. I really have no idea. At this point, I feel I
should ask the question to the Mozilla.org people. I just hope they
don't tell me what they said when Mozilla was just out of the cradle.
Here's something I remember reading from a user on their forum. The
reply was from a Mozilla team member.
Q: "Why is Mozilla so slow?"
A: "It isn't."

I've done away with the Adobe/Macromedia Flash plugin. In fact, for a
while, I was running w/o Java still to no avail.

/mario