Re: [SLUG] Can Firefox run any slower?

From: Mario Lombardo (mario@alienscience.com)
Date: Wed Jan 17 2007 - 17:36:54 EST

That's fine, but remember, FF is the only one whining. A kernel-tuned
and optimized machine can run circles around successors if the latter
machines are running stocks. I know... I know it's old, but I don't
think FF should stand out so much unless it's one big hunk of complex
bits. Am I really not appreciating the browser? I don't think so.
Cinelerra and Blender run w/o any hiccups. Granted they run slow, but
it's not something that's painful to look at or deal with. I'm
talking about a couple to a few seconds delay between operations with
FF. And AJAX??... it's a bathroom cleaner, and a darn good one.

/mario