Re: [SLUG] XP on usb

From: Joe Brandt (vzd1s11k@verizon.net)
Date: Tue Jan 23 2007 - 18:21:16 EST

On Tuesday 23 January 2007 1:37 pm, Mike Branda wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-01-20 at 20:56 -0500, Ron Youvan wrote:
> > What you and I really need is to get help getting LINUX working to
> > backup our PDA's. (I have a Sony Clie.)
>
> Have you tried to make it work lately? Driver development and support
> for new devices has improved dramatically since the new devel process of
> the 2.6 kernel.
>
> Googling "sony clie linux" turns up lots of success stories. Seems
> people have gotten it to sync using the visor module with pilot-sync and
> gnome-pilot.
>
> I personally got my wife's Dell Axim X3i with pocket windows to sync
> with the latest versions of synce and multisync. We sync'd up to
> evolution.
>

> Mike Branda Jr.
I have the Dell Axim X51V and use bluetooth to push files to it. I got it
because there was a group trying to hack linux onto it, but they gave up.
Could not figure out all the hardware and Dell was absolutely no help. I
have the bluetooth gps navigation system and it is fantastic. I have to make
new maps when we go someplace new (Windows only) thus needing to boot windows
a couple times a year. I would love to sync it with kontact or evolution but
Windows Mobile 2005 does not work yet (that I know of).

More research has indicated that booting a windows usb drive is ont possible
because windows reloads the usb stack during boot and would lose contact with
the drive. I need to buy another drive for windows. But the usb drive is
fantastic for backups.

Thanks guys and dolls.

--
Joe Brandt