[SLUG] rpm database issues

From: Mario Lombardo (mario@alienscience.com)
Date: Wed Jan 24 2007 - 17:35:20 EST

Last thing I ran was kyum. I don't know if it was the culprit, but
now I regret having running it. What can I do to fix this. As a
result, yum isn't working either, of course.

[root@baglady user]# rpm --rebuilddb
rpmdb: PANIC: fatal region error detected; run recovery
error: db4 error(-30977) from dbenv->open: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal
error, run database recovery
error: cannot open Packages index using db3 - (-30977)
[root@baglady user]#

/mario