[SLUG] Alternatives to godaddy?

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Thu Feb 01 2007 - 23:13:20 EST

Folks:

GoDaddy, in its capacity as registrar has apparently acted
heavy-handedly in blocking traffic to one of its customer's sites, at
the request of another customer. To wit, the URLs:

http://seclists.org/nmap-hackers/2007/0000.html
http://nodaddy.com/

Apparently, this is within the scope of the service agreement at
GoDaddy. However, it seems heavy-handed to me. This is the second
misstep recently for GoDaddy (pumping up MS's sites-hosted stats by
moving its parked domains to MS boxes was the first). Anyone know of
good alternatives to GoDaddy? (GOOD ones.)

BTW, I don't want to turn this into a campaign to boycott anyone or a
political debate. I'm just looking for alternatives.

Paul

--
Paul M. Foster