[SLUG] Blacklisting bad guys.

From: Todd Patton (sail@acpdata.com)
Date: Fri Feb 02 2007 - 13:16:09 EST

I run a vsftp server for several users and clients of my work and I keep
getting hits for account "administrator" password <guess>. These usually
happen all night long from Asia Pacific networks, until I get to work in
the morning and add the ip-address to the firewall black list. This just
annoys the hell out of me. Is there a way to automatically add an ip
address to the host.deny file when someone tries to log into ftp using
"administrator" as a user name? Any suggestions on automatically
blacklisting these obvious scripts?

--
Todd Patton <sail@acpdata.com>