[SLUG] UML - Neat, but having problems

From: Chuck Hast (wchast@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Feb 05 2007 - 09:28:29 EST

Folks,
I have been playing with UML, I have it up and running (just downloaded the
files according to the web pages and installed them, called the thing and off
it went) but I am now trying to get it to talk to the outside world and for some
reason things are not working quite right, is anyone on the list familiar with
UML? (User Mode Linux). This looks like a great way to do a lot of things and
learn a lot without fear of bringing down a whole machine. If you break it you
just restart it... Besides, it looks like a great way to pass time in
airports and
airplanes... And learn something in the process.

At this point I am just trying to get it to talk to the host machine
and then the
next step will be the network. I notice that when it boots there are complaints
of not being able to load modules, and I am not sure how those need to be
inserted, this is a whole new one for me.

--
Chuck Hast  -- KP4DJT --
To paraphrase my flight instructor;