Re: [SLUG] Windows VM on Linux

From: Todd Patton (sail@acpdata.com)
Date: Thu Feb 08 2007 - 08:56:57 EST

On Thu, 2007-02-08 at 08:39 -0500, Chuck Hast wrote:
-snipp
> snip-On 2/8/07, Jonathon Conte <thesicktwist@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> I already have a Win XP partition on the machine, is there a way of using
> it rather than having to do a install into the VM? I.e. can the VM run the
> already installed XP?

You can use vmware to boot xp from that partition while running it in
linux. During the setup you choose custom and then specify the physical
Disk location to use instead of a "virtual disk". I currently use vmware
server within linux to boot up my old XP partition on disk 1 patition 1.

If you have an xp partition already on the computer why not just do a
dual boot?