Re: [SLUG] Windows VM on Linux

From: Chuck Hast (wchast@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Feb 08 2007 - 15:25:41 EST

On 2/8/07, Eben King <eben01@verizon.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Feb 2007, Chuck Hast wrote:
>
> > went off to start the thing and it starts GRUB, so I guess I have to start
> > it up without starting at the grub level, now I am on some pretty
> > interesting ice I guess. It looks like the VM is pointed at GRUB, guess I
> > have to figure out how to point it at the loader for XP.
>
> hda1 not hda?

I tried hda1 (it seemed logical) and it barrfed... Followed the instructions and
it started GRUB which first printed this line:
GRUB loading stage 1.5

Then right after that I get
GRUB loading please wait...
Error 17

That is as far as it gets. I would really like to just start up windoz
as I fear that
somehow the running linux maybe invoked again....

--
Chuck Hast  -- KP4DJT --
To paraphrase my flight instructor;