Re: [SLUG] an interview with Jeremy Allison

From: steve szmidt (steve@szmidt.org)
Date: Mon Feb 12 2007 - 14:41:15 EST

On Monday 12 February 2007 12:15, William Coulter wrote:
> I read this today and it was very insightful. There are a lot of things
> said that make me question the Novell-MS deal even more.
>
> William
>
> Novell-Microsoft pact not about interoperability, says Open Source leader
> http://www.itworldcanada.com/a/Daily-News/c11627ed-d99b-49d2-983d-d22856181
>888.html

Funny they have it dated a couple of days ago when the interview was published
by someone else two weeks ago. But it is a telling tale he tells.

With MS immediately publicly slamming Novell's early statement that it is only
to aid interoperability between the MS and Linux world, Novell looked really
bad.

Novell gave in to the MS attorneys after a long dragged out negotiation, and
are now being made to eat crow for lying about it what they gave in to.

--

Steve Szmidt

"They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.