[SLUG] Apt-get troubles in ubuntu

From: Keith Lelacheur (themercuryman@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 13 2007 - 21:42:43 EST

Hello all,

I have a relatively fresh ubuntu 6.10 install that has been modified with:

"sudo apt-get install kubuntu-desktop"

The process seems to go as designed except now whenever I try to use
apt-get, aptitude, or synaptic I get errors like the ones below:

kingmojo@loki:~$ sudo dpkg --configure -a
Setting up rdiff-backup (1.1.5-1) ...
Compiling /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/LanguageSelector/LocaleInfo.py
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/LanguageSelector/LocaleInfo.py", line
58
self._languagelist[localeenv[0]] = '%s thew[6]
^
SyntaxError: EOL while scanning single-quoted string

dpkg: error processing rdiff-backup (--configure):
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of keep:
keep depends on rdiff-backup; however:
Package rdiff-backup is not configured yet.
dpkg: error processing keep (--configure):
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of kubuntu-desktop:
kubuntu-desktop depends on keep; however:
Package keep is not configured yet.
dpkg: error processing kubuntu-desktop (--configure):
rdiff-backup
keep
kubuntu-desktop
kingmojo@loki:~$

I started to remove and reinstall rdiff-backup untill I realized it would
have uninstalled the whole kubuntu-desktop.

Any ideas?

Thanks,