Re: [SLUG] Apt-get troubles in ubuntu

From: Keith Lelacheur (themercuryman@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Feb 15 2007 - 18:15:05 EST

On 2/15/07, Levi Bard <taktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktak@gmail.com> wrote:

> kubuntu-desktop[1] is just a meta-package (a package that depends on a
> group of other packages that makes them easy to install all together)
> - uninstalling rdiff-backup, keep, and kubuntu-desktop won't actually
> uninstall everything. I guess what I mean is, it should be safe to do
> so. If it's actually going to uninstall everything, apt will tell you
> before it starts that it's removing about a hundred packages[2].
>

> So when I tried to remove rdiff-backup using :

kingmojo@loki:~$ sudo apt-get remove rdiff-backup

This was my output and I was afraid to say yes because it would have freed
1577 K of diskspace which sounds like it was going to uninstall the whole
kubuntu-desktop metapackage.

kingmojo@loki:~$ sudo apt-get remove rdiff-backup
Password:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
required:
  kubuntu-desktop rdiff-backup keep
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  keep kubuntu-desktop rdiff-backup
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 3 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
3 not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0B of archives.
After unpacking 1577kB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? n
Abort.
kingmojo@loki:~$

I really don't want to have to format and start over. Any ideas?