Re: [SLUG] Need new DNS and email provider

From: Chris Mathey (slug@mathey.org)
Date: Mon Mar 12 2007 - 07:39:57 EST

>> Anyone have any recommendations?
>
> Dreamhost.com charges 7.95/mth and comes with a lot of services. The only bad
> part is that they are on the west coast. What I like, beyond all that comes
> with it, is that they have a blog where they announce everything that is
> going on. They certainly don't hide their issues. I've used them for three
> years and am continuing.

You could also host it yourself. Virtual private servers are pretty
cheap. vpsland.com has $15/mo 128m/256m swap, 150gb BW, 8GB HDD, choice
of OS. Having root flexibility is great, you build in whatever features
you need.
I run bind9,postfix w/TLS,amavis-new,clamav on CentOS. Hums along fine.

-Chris