Re: [SLUG] Fwd: Other/Proprietary License??

From: Mario Lombardo (mario@alienscience.com)
Date: Mon Mar 26 2007 - 13:28:19 EST

On 3/25/07, Paul M Foster <paulf@quillandmouse.com> wrote:
> Mario Lombardo wrote:
>
> > Can someboday help me here? Can this company/guy really do this? I
> > guess one could make a proprietary "OS" using the GPL'd Linux kernel.
> > I'm still doubtful though. Icky proprietary. Yuk!

Right. I'm aware he can't take a license and creatively convert it to
something else. However, I thought that building proprietary OS
software "around" a GPL'd kernel was OK? The reverse was done in days
prior to GNU/Linux being introduced. I wasn't getting where this
guy was coming from. I suppose I could just let it go, but I'm going
to keep an eye on it--being a good steward and all :)

/mario