Re: [SLUG] Please help advocate open standards in Florida state IT

From: Robin 'Roblimo' Miller (robin@roblimo.com)
Date: Thu Apr 05 2007 - 15:06:32 EDT

Matt Florell wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I called the offices of my State senator(Charlie Justice) and
> Representative(Bill Heller) about this and of course neither knew
> anything about this issue, but they thanked me for my input and would
> call me back if they get a chance. I have not had the time to call
> anyone else in the committees, but I will try later.

Great! Thanks!

Meanwhile, I'm calling registered FL lobbyists. Novell has one, IBM has
one, Microsoft has eight. Linux, Canonical, Ubuntu, Debian and Red Hat
have a collective total of.... zero... registered lobbyists in FL.

Sun Microsystems has a registered lobbying firm here, but I'm on the
phone with them now and no one there seems to know who handles Sun....
they'll have to call me back....

- Robin