Re: [SLUG] Flightgear for Linux

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Thu Apr 19 2007 - 00:55:05 EDT

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007, Richard Smoot wrote:

> Has anybody used the Flightgear flight sim in Linux?

Yes, but not very much, since I don't have a decent joystick and playing
with the keyboard sucks rocks.

> It is available in the synaptic package manager for Simply Mepis 6.5.00.
> In Linux or Unix it is possible to slave two computers to a master to generate
> the side cockpit window views. Has anybody done this?

No. Nifty. Can you use one fast one with a multi-headed video card?

> They are trying to get this working at the Sun N Fun workshops this week.
> Alex at Sun N Fun did have some old Unix experience but didn't know about
> current Linux. I did burn a copy of Simply Mepis 6.5.00 which got him started.

Hard to say how difficult it is since I don't have (a) FG installed any more
(though that can be fixed), (b) a decent joystick (though that's not
important for testing), or (c) another computer to act as the slave. Wish I
could be more help.

--
-eben   QebWenE01R@vTerYizUonI.nOetP   royalty.mine.nu:81

This message was created using recycled electrons. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.