[SLUG] Disk partitioning, delete and resize

From: Chris Mathey (slug@mathey.org)
Date: Tue May 08 2007 - 09:12:07 EDT

Hi,
I have a 320gb disk that is currently has 3 partitions, mounted and
formated ext3 as follows.
2gb swap
30gb /
262gb /home.

I'm building a new system and installing a new 160gb disk that will be
the OS disk. On the 320gb disk I would like to delete the swap and root
partitions and grow the 3rd partition to fill the disk.
Is this possible and safe?
I have 200+gb worth of data on it that I don't want to spend the hours
copying from backup.

Thanks!