Re: [SLUG] Litigation intimidation via Forbes magazine

From: Rich Morgan (rmorgan@heavysystems.com)
Date: Tue May 15 2007 - 11:15:04 EDT

>> > http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-6183437.html
>>
>> See this for a replay
>>
>> http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story070513234519615
>
> Good link that makes many good points.
> Appears as though M$ is blowing smoke.
> A successful ploy if it hinders linux advocates.

One thing that really bothers me about this is the ability for Microsoft
to make these claims without impunity. Like the SCO claims, I'm sure
we'll never actually see any proof of offending code or IP, but real Linux
businesses could lose clients if they fall for the FUD (and we all know
some people will believe *anything* they read in the news).

v/r,
Rich Morgan
Open Addict.com
Linux + BSD 24/7