Re: [SLUG] Music Download Services

From: Mason Mullins (mason_mullins@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon May 21 2007 - 18:07:35 EDT

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Jonathon Conte" <thesicktwist@hotmail.com>
To: slug@nks.net
Subject: Re: [SLUG] Music Download Services
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 17:45:16 -0400

>From: Paul M Foster <paulf@quillandmouse.com>
>To: slug@nks.net
>Subject: Re: [SLUG] Music Download Services
>Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 15:44:36 -0400
>
>I agree with you. And it would be alright if allofmp3.com or Russia *paid*
>artists for their work. I couldn't care less if BMI, ASCAP or the RIAA gets
>a dime, but the artists should be paid for their work. And that's
>apparently not happening here.

But then again, artists aren't really working any harder when bits are being
duplicated by someone else, are they? Perhaps artists should demand more
money for their time spent _working_ in the studio and _working_ at live
performances instead of hoping to keep accruing money for work done once
upon a time.

Jonathon

So artists who create works shouldn't be paid for them? When an author
writes a book people should be allowed to copy and distribute it without
that author getting paid?

I don't think so. The book or music is that artist's product and they should
be paid for it unless that artist chooses to distribute that work for free.

Mason

Linux: because a PC is a terrible thing to waste.

It’s free. http://im.live.com/messenger/im/home/?source=TAGHM_MAY07