Re: [SLUG] UPS batteries

From: Chuck Hast (wchast@gmail.com)
Date: Thu May 24 2007 - 21:30:11 EDT

On 5/24/07, chris lee <chris.a.lee@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.batterywholesale.com/battery-store/proddetail.html?prodID=593
>
> On 5/24/07, Eben King <eben01@verizon.net> wrote:
> > I got this on all my xterms today, accompanied by a nice beeping sound for a
> > minute or two like it's dying (it wasn't):
> >
> > Emergency! Batteries have failed on UPS HeavyBox. Change them NOW
> >
> > So, where can I buy batteries? With mailorder, I'll pay a lot on shipping,
> > and with B&M I'll probably pay the usual 300% B&M price increase. Where do
> > you guys get batteries? And, what can I do with the old ones? It's an APC
> > SmartUPS 700.

I get the down on Florida in Tampa. There is a place that sells 'blems" they
have cosmetic stuff on them wrong label, wrong color or off color. I think I
get most UPS batteries for like $12. And a 6 mo guarantee to boot. Just
bought 3 of them the other day. Here is the name and address:
Square Deal Battery Co
3512 N Florida Ave, Tampa, FL
(813) 223-3303

Give them a call and tell them what you have, they have them from little
things up to great heaving cells for big ones. One of the units I replaced
the batteries on was a 700...

--
Chuck Hast  -- KP4DJT --
To paraphrase my flight instructor;