Re: [SLUG] Verizon fios

From: David Meyer (sanfrandave@gmail.com)
Date: Tue May 29 2007 - 07:47:24 EDT

I had a cable modem through BrightHouse, but it was VERY unreliable. Six
months they worked on my connection and could not figure out why I dropped
the IP address every 24 hours and had to reset my modem EVERY Time in order
to pull another one. I finally threw in the towel and went to Verizon.
Never regretted that move. ZERO outages, and the speed...well, it speaks
for itself.

I was less impressed by their TV service. Everything worked well until they
migrated to a new system, and somehow lost us in the mix. For two months I
had very poor TV service (if I had it at all) and was told, "Sorry...all I
can do is put in a help desk ticket and in 24 hours, someone should contact
you. I can credit you two weeks service, but that's about all I can do."
DirecTV offered me a sweet deal to switch back, so after begging Verizon to
PLEASE fix my account in their system, which I was told wold take at least
48 hours, I said no thanks. Went back to DirecTV and I'm happy again.