Re: [SLUG] Interesting IRC log

From: suncoastlug.mailbox@gibp.com
Date: Sat Jun 02 2007 - 06:34:27 EDT

> 21:47 XD
> 21:48 The SLUG list thinks I'm clinically insane? That is AWESOME!
>
> 22:24 Possum: so, how true was that story?
> 22:26 Somewhat... I didn't know the person, and he wasn't exactly aware I was coming
> 22:26 But I knew the person who was with the person
> 22:26 The rest of the story was completely true I think
>
> --
> "And she sang A-litta-doo-de-litta-doo-da-litta-doo-da-dee
> She-hiddle-dum-adee-she-hiddle-dum-a-dee and she-landae"
> -

Years ago CB radios became popular due to a song and movie. I went out and bought a CB radio, installed it, and began to learn an alternative language. You could create a CB name for yourself that was also known as your "handle". Some handles were quite creative. They spawned images/personalities that were not real. A diversion from reality for entertainment purposes. Much like the video games of today spawn new identities and personalities.

I recognized the humor before I finished reading the original post.

/robin
previously a low pitch voice on channel 19 known as "Hercules"