[SLUG] The Last Brandon Meeting...

From: xcalibre (xcalibre@mindspring.com)
Date: Mon Jun 11 2007 - 21:14:31 EDT

Well last Thursday was a bit sad... While we did have 3 people show up one called and another emailed me that could not make it... I could not help to think why didn't anyone else bother coming out?

It's hard to think that a group once up to high 20's almost in the 30's mark to have it just drop off so bad...

Was it the fact that we did not have anything to hand out or raffle? Was it people busy or was it people just not caring enough?

One would have thought after 7 1/2 years it would ended a little bit happier... People worked together to help build up popularity and to help start the additional meeting locations...

We once had more drive and enthusiasm about the group and in the Linux Community... The Brandon group was put together by people committed to the Linux Community, and to the local Community as well...

I don't think many realize how many hours on the phone and emails alone...
The hours put into constructing Shows and Events... Trying to coordinate these things was a lot of work... It was done out of people caring and trying to do their best...

For that alone one would have thought that more would have tried to show up...

While I know it's a bit off normal topics I just wanted to let others know it's disturbing to see more excited about an Astrix's Group then the last Brandon Meeting...

Moving SLUG celebrates it's 10th year this year... I was hoping to see people try to come up with an event perhaps a 10th Year Pic Nic... I tried to mention it time and time again... No one seemed to spark any interest in this either...

JMHO...