Re: [SLUG] St. Pete Meeting Topics

From: Chuck Hast (wchast@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jun 14 2007 - 15:18:53 EDT

On 6/14/07, Robin 'Roblimo' Miller <robin@roblimo.com> wrote:
> Dylan William Hardison wrote:
> > Spake Jonathon Conte on Thursday, June 14, 2007 at 11:00AM -0400:
> >
> >> Multiseat X - While many know that X is capable of managing more than one
> >> monitor to provide additional desktop real estate, X is also able to handle
> >> (after a little coaxing) multiple monitors with multiple input devices
> >> allowing more than one person to use one computer at the same time. This
> >> feature of X allows for much more efficient and economic use of hardware.
> >>

> > I vote for this one. :)
>
> http://userful.com/ = a Canadian company that has made a nice business
> out of this. 100% Linux-based.

Here is one I will put my vote in for (I will do that for all of them
but this one
is working great at my place)
http://www.zoneminder.com/
And if you want to play with it a bit
http://www.kp4djt.org/zm
login = guest
pass = guest
Have fun, just one more way Linux makes my life easier and funner (sp!)

--
Chuck Hast  -- KP4DJT --
To paraphrase my flight instructor;