Re: [SLUG] snmp

From: Robin \(Bartow FL\) (suncoastlug.mailbox@gibp.com)
Date: Fri Jun 22 2007 - 08:10:59 EDT

> Hey all!
>
> Anybody know of any good snmp primer docs out there? The few I've been
> trying to plow through are very confusing.
>
> Also is there some master of the universe map of OID's available on the
> net or in print? How in the world do these get assigned in the first
> place?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Mike

http://slug.archives.nks.net/List/slug.archive.0706/0172.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snmp

en.wikipedia.org is my first choice research tool because both the collection and presentation of the information invites and supports collaboration. Bias and debate over the content and delivery is hidden unless/until you specifically ask for it.

You may want to consider a common practice of clarifying an acronym's meaning in your first use.
Unless of course "everyone" you are communicating has no knowledge of that acronym in any other context.
For instance, "OID" is used more than once in computer technology.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OID
 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Object_identifier
 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oracle_Internet_Directory

Good luck