Re: [SLUG] OT: I need help

From: Robin \(Bartow FL\) (suncoastlug.mailbox@gibp.com)
Date: Fri Jun 22 2007 - 15:38:49 EDT

----- Original Message -----
From: Robert Snyder robertsnyder@gmail.com
To: slug@nks.net
Sent: 6/21/07 7:23 PM
Subject: [SLUG] OT: I need help

> I need help to get rid of some monitors I have. I bought some new
> very expensive lcd samsung montiors.
>
> What I have is 3 montiors that I would like to sell and soon as I dont
> have the space to store them and the new lcds are comming on monday.
>
> 1. HP P11130 - Sony flat Trintron - Price 5 bucks or free (21inch
> screen) this one was a mistake of UPS and kicked all about there is a
> crack in the plastic in the front and the color jets are off I used a
> trick a monitor repair tech sugessted with magnets. it 80 % normal
> color with a few small spotso f discoloration great for hooking up
> test machines too or severs.has 2 vga imputs max is 1600x1200 @85 but
> looks best at 75
>
> 2. Dell P110 - what i use every day great color no problems. It is an
> older sony trintron crt basicaly it is the ame guts as the hp down to
> the resistor. Like all big crts it needs an hour for to warm up
> before the color is dead on for photo work.also when turning it on
> from cold start there is a a cool spot and the a warm spot in the left
> and right bottom corners that goes a way once the monitor has been on
> for an hour. 2 years ago it was professionally calabratedfor the
> 6500k setting for photos I normally use it 9300k as I dont do as much
> photographi workd any more Asking 60 bucks for it but will not go any
> lower then 50 for it.
>
> 3. 15inch Dell monitor price 20 to 25 bucks hardly used great
> condition a little dusty. company i consult for got a deal from dell
> for some machines that came with monitors but they did not need it as
> they already had all lcds in the office. So this is a great little
> montior for test equipment or servers or just that spare machine.
>

> Note to Paul and other post nazis out there. I need these gone now
> and normally i know I should put them on the slug website for sale
> or make a post in slug - pol but the list is dead and I just need
> them gone now .
>

> Anyone interested please contact me directly at
>
> Robertsnyder@gmail.com
>
> or
>
> Rob@xboxnps2.com

I suggest you donate all three monitors to the Florida Sheriffs Youth Ranches for the tax write offs and to get your STAR shaped bumper sticker. All you need to do is drop it off at the entrance of any local sheriffs office with a note containing your name and address so they can mail you a bumper sticker. You don't even have to go inside.