Re: [SLUG] DIY laptop

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Sat Jun 23 2007 - 11:23:32 EDT

On Sat, 23 Jun 2007, chris lee wrote:

>> Actually, Dell is selling Ubuntu systems now (including laptops) through
>> their home & home office division. Here's one, for example. There are
>> also a number of other places to buy prebuilt laptops with linux
>> installed (for more money).
>>
>> I know you were asking about DIY and a non-Linux OS, but saw this factual
>> error and thought it was worth correcting for those reading a LUG list who
>> are interested in these kinds of things.

> i was thinking something more like this when you said DIY laptop.
>
> http://www.mini-itx.com/projects/itx-laptop/

Quite cool (and literally shiny!), but too custom-made and large for my
ability and tastes.

--
-eben   QebWenE01R@vTerYizUonI.nOetP   royalty.mine.nu:81

Q: What kind of modem did Jimi Hendrix use? A: A purple Hayes. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.