Re: [SLUG] St. Pete Non-Meeting

From: Dylan William Hardison (dylan@hardison.net)
Date: Mon Jun 25 2007 - 13:16:44 EDT

Spake Paul M Foster on Sunday, June 24, 2007 at 10:05PM -0400:
> Dylan William Hardison wrote:
>
> >Spake Aaron Steimle on Thursday, June 21, 2007 at 09:35AM -0400:
> >>We will not be able to use the room again this month. I am trying to
> >>find another location that will a little more consistent.
> >>

> >Oh. Hmmph.
> >
> >We'll be at The Globe[1] from 7 'til 9ish.
> >If the globe fails to be open or something strange, our
> >fallback is Cafe Bohemia[2].
> >Any confused persons are welcome to call me (727) 804-2802.
> >
> >Over the course of the meeting, a simple blog engine will be written in
> >perl.
> >
> >[1] Directions to The Glob: http://tinyurl.com/34jq4z
> >[2] Directions to Cafe Bohemia: http://tinyurl.com/3456ny
> >

> So Aaron decides we can't use the normal facility and effectively
> cancels the meeting. Not satisfied with that, Dylan opts to hold a
> meeting instead at the Globe.

I did not say it was sanctioned, I thought that subject made that clear.
I thought it would be useful to point out that myself and at least 3 others will
be sitting at the globe
drinking coffee, talking, and -- inspired by possum -- working on a fiendishly
trivial project.

Sanctioned meeting or not, we always meet on the last monday of the month.
Last month we sat at a Starbucks with about... 8 people? and tried to fix an
ubuntu install on someone's laptop.

> For *this* meeting, I'll go along. But there is *one* meeting leader for
> St Pete, and that's Aaron. If you're going to hold a sanctioned meeting,
> please get with Aaron and have him inform me so I can announce it.

I did not intend for it to be a sanctioned meeting. I am sorry for the
confusion.

> If
> Aaron doesn't want the job anymore, have him let me know and pick an
> alternate (Dylan?). But normally, if some other member besides the
> meeting leader wants to hold a meeting, it's not sanctioned and we don't
> announce it.

Tha has been the way it works for as long as I can remember.
For instance, last month we did not have a sanctioned meeting either.

--
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the
universe."