Re: [SLUG] laptop

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Tue Jul 24 2007 - 21:25:03 EDT

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007, michael hast wrote:

> Robin - Bartow FL wrote:

>>> I actually found 7-10 machines that have it, and picked one (HP Compaq
>>> NC6400). Requiring a stick mouse weeds out a _lot_ of machines. It says
>>> "Call for availability" on the page where I customize it (no MS tax,
>>> TYVM), so ordering will have to wait until Monday.
>>
>> I do not care for the pad devices myself. I plug in a mouse. No real
>> experience with the stick mouse you are looking for. But as a general rule,
>> most electronic devices that don't move (and are sealed) seem to hold up
>> over time. Your preferences indicate a willing and viable trade off for
>> comfort. Next time I see such a device on a notebook I will make an effort
>> to try it out.
>>
>> Please let me know how your "HP Compaq NC6400" works out. I too am looking
>> at newer model notebooks.
>>

> We're talking about the pencil-eraser mouse here, right?

Yup. This thing:

http://xkcd.com/243/

--
-eben   QebWenE01R@vTerYizUonI.nOetP   royalty.mine.nu:81

He who will not reason is a bigot; he who cannot is a fool; and he who dares not is a slave. -Sir William Drummond ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.