[SLUG] Samba PDC, xp or vista clients not running login script.

From: Chris Mathey (slug@mathey.org)
Date: Sun Aug 12 2007 - 17:00:36 EDT

I can't get xp or vista clients to run a login script.
The clients are part of the domain and can browse to the netlogon share
and execute the batch file manually and successfully. All the batch file
contains are some drive mapping commands. The batch files are named
<username>.bat

relevant config sections:

[global]
logon drive = L:
logon script = scripts/%U.bat

[netlogon]
    comment = Network Logon Service
    path = /home/samba/netlogon
    admin users = Administrator
    valid users = %U
    read only = no
    guest ok = yes
    writable = no
    share modes = no

So far I can't figure out what I'm missing.

Thanks!