[SLUG] Tampa Meetings

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Mon Aug 20 2007 - 09:31:34 EDT

Folks:

We have some problems with the Tampa meetings from now until the end of
the year. I'm going off information I've been given by various sources.
If you have corrections, please let me know.

1) HCC has told us they have no rooms available on our normal meeting
day through the end of this semester. We could reschedule to a different
day at HCC or find a different site temporarily.

2) Mario (meeting leader) is out of the country, and has turned over
responsibility for these meetings to Alex Harris. I have not gotten a
reply from Alex about any attempts to resolve the above problem.

3) The person at HCC who is our normal contact is on sabbatical, and has
  turned over the liaison job to someone else. I have not talked to this
person, and this could complicate our efforts to liaise with HCC.

4) According to one report, at the most recent meeting, potential
attendees arrived to find the room at HCC unlocked and empty.

If you care about these meetings, you might want to lend a hand toward
resolving these issues. Preferably, get Alex Harris to contact me and/or
get with HCC to reschedule our meetings to a different day.

Paul

--
Paul M. Foster