Re: [SLUG] Record keys in editor

From: steve szmidt (steve@szmidt.org)
Date: Fri Sep 07 2007 - 11:42:11 EDT

On Friday 07 September 2007 11:20, steve szmidt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In the long gone past I had an editor which would allow me to record
> keystrokes and replay them by pressing a simple combination like Ctrl 1.
>
> Running into another need for that functionality I've been through a number
> of editors and development tools but not found that functionality, anyone
> know of one?
>
> Office writer has it but you have to go through several mouse steps to
> replay it which makes it too slow.
>
> Vi has buffer replay but it too seem to require too much typing.

Actually vi does allow for single key replay. Working on figuring out how to
exit insert mode right now in a macro right now.

--

Steve Szmidt

"They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.