Re: [SLUG] IBM

From: savatage@mindspring.com
Date: Wed Sep 26 2007 - 15:06:19 EDT

IBM has updated the page the original post was cut and pasted from the support page... Which I even have a screen shot of as well...

* Supported Windows platforms: Windows XP, Windows Vista
* Supported Linux platforms: SLED 10, RHEL 5, Redhat5
* 900MB disk space minimum
* 1GB RAM memory minimum
* US English locale

Now it reads....

* Supported Windows platforms: Windows XP, Windows Vista
* Supported Linux platforms: SLED 10, RHEL 5, Redhat5
* 750MB disk space minimum on Linux and 540M on Windows
* 512MB RAM memory minimum
* US English locale

This has been changed already even the hard drive space has changed...
Next when I down loaded this and tried to install it as soon as it was released on one of my laptops it said it needed 1 gig of RAM Minimum to install!!!

The new installer is already different in size as well...

Half the ram requirements changed in just days that is cool and a huge difference... Also the 150 megs less hard drive space is a big change as well...

So perhaps since it's beta they have already addressed some of the resource issues... Also doing some further looking there is instructions to installing this on Ubuntu that some one created...

I still hope that they cut some more bloat out of this product or also decide to throw in the Lotus Smart Suite as that would be a double punch to Microsoft...