[SLUG] manual window positioning

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Fri Nov 16 2007 - 12:31:10 EST

Firefox crashed last night (I don't know whether it was the OOM killer or
just a bug). (So did Opera, but it wasn't a problem to relaunch.) When I
reran it, I did so from the wrong virtual screen, or so I figure. Looks
like it keeps track of window position not in absolute coordinates, but in
coordinates relative to where you launched it last time, and when you
restore, opens the windows at the same locations relative to where you
launched it THIS time.

So one of my windows is off the end of where I can get to. From here
(leftmost virtual screen) I see

.
.
.
FileCabi.net - Where you Provide the Entertainment! - Mozilla Firefox
                                               0(4): 1479x1081+24000+0
(in one line)
.
.
.

And from the far right it's the same except the 24000 becomes 1600 (one
screen width).

Is there any way of moving that back into the accessible area? I use fvwm2.
I've though of: killing FF and relaunching it from the "right" place;
opening a replacement window containing its tabs TTBOMK; and temporarily
increasing the number of virtual screens from 15 to 16. Each of those is
some degree of PITA. I was hoping there was some quick CLI solution.

--
-eben    QebWenE01R@vTerYizUonI.nOetP    http://royalty.mine.nu:81
SCORPIO:  Get ready for an unexpected trip when you fall screaming