Re: [SLUG] manual window positioning

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Fri Nov 16 2007 - 15:27:32 EST

On Fri, 16 Nov 2007, steve szmidt wrote:

> On Friday 16 November 2007, Eben King wrote:
>>
>> Is there any way of moving that back into the accessible area? I use
>> fvwm2. I've though of: killing FF and relaunching it from the "right"
>
> On KDE I use Alt + mouse to move a window if I can get the mouse onto any part
> inside the frame.

I can't though. It's completely off screen. I did find this:

FvwmCommand(1) FVWM Modules FvwmCommand(1)
   -i <level>
       Specifies the level of information that FvwmCommand outputs.
       1 Errors and window configuration information. This is the
           default.

             FvwmCommand send_windowlist

           Information like below will show up.

             0x02000014 window FvwmConsole
             0x02000014 icon FvwmConsole

http://www.fvwm.org/documentation/manpages/stable/focus-link.php is
focus-link.pl(1) and it says

These are collection of functions a user can call from programmable section.
move_window [<id>] <direction>

   or

Now, if I can figure out (again) how to use FVWMCommand, and find
focus-link.pl. Maybe it's for a later version of fvwm2, as I have neither
the man page nor the binary.

--
-eben     QebWenE01R@vTerYizUonI.nOetP     http://royalty.mine.nu:81
An ASCII character walks into a bar and orders a double. "Having a bad