Re: [SLUG] Good Bye Comp-USA

From: Tom E Craddock, Jr (sigtom@sigtom.com)
Date: Sat Dec 08 2007 - 17:11:51 EST

steve szmidt wrote:
> On Saturday 08 December 2007, Matthew Rogers wrote:
>
>> http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/12/08/076226
>>
>> Slashdot is on it. Has anyone ever had a good experience with CompUSA?
>>

> In LA I would never have used it, but out here I've been using it somewhat
> frequently for those times when you don't want to wait and they have it in
> stock.
>
> I tend to buy their replacement service which has served me well over the
> years.

They've always treated me well up there. Bout a year ago redid my
companies network/server/desktop setups, and they were able to get me
some great prices thru the Biz dept for all my hardware and even
software, ie Symantec AV Server, SEP, Backup, etc. Any hard to get
items, like say the nokia n800 when it first came out, the Neuros OSD,
Linux stuff mainly, my biz rep up there was always on the ball and ready
to help, became a friend as well. Will miss having that kinda face to
face contact that close to home/work.

Tom Craddock, Jr