Re: [SLUG] getting an honest "no such host"

From: Chris Mathey (slug@mathey.org)
Date: Mon Dec 24 2007 - 08:07:52 EST

Bill wrote:
> 208.67.222.222
> 208.67.220.220
>
> more instructions at https://www.opendns.com/start

>>> would possibly changing your dns servers to open dns fix this?
>> It would. What is that address?
>>
>> --
Just to add, If you have an actiontec router (you said Verizon so I
assume FIOS) make sure you change the settings for Broadband Connection
and not Network(Home/Office). The instructions on the opendns.com
website for the actiontec are incorrect and state to change
Network(Home/Office). That's what worked for me anyways.

And... opendns does the same thing as verizon when you mispell URL's.
It either guesses for you or provides search results.
So, I guess you are back at square one :o
FWIW, I like opendns URL guess-o-matic better than websearch.verizon.net